Tailored to professional rescuers, this 51-hour course provides comprehensive training that gives participants the knowledge and skills necessary to work as an emergency medical responder to help sustain life, reduce pain and minimize the consequences of injury or sudden illness until more advanced medical personnel take over.
Core skills: assessments, CPR, AED, airway and ventilation, medical and trauma emergencies, EMS operations
Optional enrichment modules offer additional training in asthma, anaphylaxis and epinephrine auto-injectors, Sellick's maneuver, C-collar and backboarding, and more.
Superior Instructor Support
High-quality instructor resources provide full support, including a comprehensive instructor's manual, PowerPoint, electronic test bank and DVD; video segments can also be streamed for free.
More Value and Greater Convenience
- Best pricing in the industry
- Exceeds EMS Educational Standards
- Highly interactive course includes hands-on, scenario-based training
- Student-friendly materials include a print workbook that helps candidates prepare for the National Registry Exam and EMR Interactive, an online tool offering video clips, case studies and other activities to reinforce learning
- 2-year professional-level certification
Approved by the American Red Cross Scientific Advisory Council
The American Red Cross Scientific Advisory Council is a panel of nationally recognized experts in emergency medicine, sports medicine, emergency medical services (EMS), emergency preparedness, disaster mobilization and other public health and safety fields. The Council helps assure that Red Cross courses, training materials and products incorporate the latest scientific and technical information available.